ELAINE

--------------------------------------
I am a RYT Registered Yoga teacher, Sports,Thai massage and Bodywork therapist.

I received my teacher training from Yoga Arts (Australia) in 2005. My yoga journey has taken many forms; From the vigorous practises of vinyasa and ashtanga to acroyoga ..... For the past 5 years, I have found inspiration in the teachings of BKS Iyengar and am a disciple of senior teacher Peter Thomson.

I am certified in Thai Massage by the Thai Massage School of ChiangMai and have studied under Oestheopaths Arnaud L'Hermitte & David Lutt and Itzhak Helman of the Sunshine Network.

I have a keen interest in sports especially endurance sports and have trained in Ironman and sports massage with the renown Dr Myk Hungerford (mother of sports massage).

I am also a sports consultant and organise marathons and sports events.

Yoga helped me recuperate from a traumatic accident and I practise yoga to share its healing benefits with others. I believe in the transformation power of yoga and use Massage and other bodywork techniques to achieve greater depths in my yoga practise.

Yoga is a sharing of love and compassion that can bring about emotional and physical healing.

HP : +(61)0415938856 / email : elainehuilian@gmail.com


True Intelligence

Peter (Yes, it is still Peter this and Peter that...... at least for another 2 days!), says that we should stop hiding behind the abstract. When we search for truth in concepts from the outside; in books, sutras, teachers, this type of learning is passive and only gives an illusion of intelligence. True intelligence can only be found by looking inwards through active introspection.

Pretty deep shit for 6.30am!!

Well, I went home and thought about it and (after some thoughtful inward introspection!), I think he may be right! I have a tendency to hide behind books ; theories and philosophies that aren't mine but borrowed from somewhere else. So, is yoga spiritual or not spiritual? Is it the Law of Determination or the Law of Chance? Reincarnation or eternal life in heaven?

These debates are honestly quite futile. Does it really matter? The truth is inside and it is not necessary to label it as anything. As long as I practise my yoga for what it means to me, and live my life to its full potential with honesty and love, nothing else matters.

My boys and I were having dinner the other night and one of them mentioned that in Heaven, he will be able to eat a limitless amount of all the things he loves (I think he was trying to tell me that he is sick of the vegetarian dinners!) Someone else then replied that in Heaven, we won't need to eat at all..... The conversation then went about in circles. Mathieu was insistent that there was no heaven and we will all be reincarnated (but only as humans, not as animals, and our memories will be erased and we will start life from zero again.) Nic believes that there is no God and "Shit happens because Shit happens". Pretty surprising stuff since I thought I was bringing them up to be good christian boys.

But you know what, it doesn't matter, because they are going through the process of thinking intelligently and trying to ascertain a truth that is theirs and not what I or anyone else dictated to them. We all need to find our own truths and it is bloody hard work......